Truly productive people aren’t focused on doing more things; this is actually the opposite of productivity. If you really want to be productive, you have to focus on the things that really matter and finish them.
How we manage time effectively and how we actually work in our business, can make a huge difference to our productivity and the success we achieve in our workday.
When we are productive, we are more focused and confident.
Here are 7 things you can do to be more productive;
1. Set Clear and Specific Goals: One of the major things that will set you on the path of becoming more productive is setting clear and specific goals. When you’re clear on your goals you’re instantly more productive. You get more focused and productive on your high value activities.
2. Be Strategic: You’ve set your goals, great! Now ask yourself what you need to put in place to achieve these goals. What should you do more of? What should you stop doing? How can you improve your environment and your working conditions to get these goals achieved? Once you answer these questions, you’re sure to achieve those goals you set.
3. Do Not Multitask: Avoid multitasking at all costs. Starting too many projects at the same time is a sure route to becoming unproductive. So start with one first, preferably the most important, and when you finish that, you can move to the next one.
4. Don’t Overwhelm Yourself: It’s great to be ambitious and to want to finish as many tasks as possible, but in the process, you may get overwhelmed because you’re doing too much. Finishing well is more important than just finishing, so focus on finishing every task well before moving to the next to avoid putting undue pressure on yourself.
5. Completely Commit To Improve Productivity: Be completely committed to improving your productivity. If you are not truly committed to being more productive and achieving your goals, then chances are that you won’t reach them. Motivation can only take you so far. It is the intentional commitment and emotional investment in your future success that will move you forward.
6. Always Set Out Time To Rest: As much as you are working hard to be more productive, you also need to make out time to rest. You are more productive when your brain and body are well rested.
7. Have Someone Hold You Accountable: Find someone who can hold you accountable. It could be a friend, a family member, or even a mentor, but they can be a great motivating factor to push you towards achieving those goals.