If you are a business owner and you have a business page on Instagram, then you definitely need to understand how the Instagram algorithm works.
One mistake you may have been making is ignoring the algorithm and that may be why you will receive very low engagement on your page.
The algorithm has undergone several changes over the years, but one thing is true, it favors those who understand it and know how to work with it. According to Instagram, three factors principally determine the content in your feed: interest, timeliness, and relationship. In the same way, these three factors determine how your content rank in your followers’ feed.
You can make the algorithm work in your favor by doing these;
1. Post Consistently: Don’t be the person who posts once in 2 weeks, the algorithm will not favour you. Be consistent with your content and with your time of posting.
2. Use High Quality Images: This may not seem too serious but it’s important. Because Instagram is a visual platform, you need to use high quality images that way the algorithm can help push your content to the right people.
3. Always Check Your Page Insights: If you have not been checking your insights then it’s time for you to start doing that. Your insights will give you a lot of information about what is happening on your page and about your followers as well. From your insights you can know the best time to post and so many other things.
4. Build Relationships: For you to do well on Instagram then you have to make sure to build actual relationships. Engage with other people’s content, chat with people, get to know the people you’re following, and who are following you. This is a big boost for your business page and for getting more engagement because Instagram actually wants you to build real relationships on the platform.
5. Use Hashtags Properly: Hashtags is one of the biggest things that can help you on Instagram if properly used. Invest time in researching the right hashtags that will help push your content out better and how best you can use them.
6. Collaborate: Don’t be that brand that is only out to compete, collaborate with others. Invest in influencer marketing. Find other brands or businesses that are complementary to yours and work with them. This way you’re increasing your chances of being seen.
Was this helpful?